MAC AND CHEESE CHILI RECIPE
Hi there! Did you catch my recent blog post about celebrating Valentine’s Day at my Big Bear Lake cabin that we call Stone Hill Cottage? Since it was a family affair with my cousin and her 3 adorable kids, I made kid friendly fare for lunch which included my Mac and Cheese Chili Recipe.
It’s a quick and easy 1 pot affair, it’s warm and comforting on a cold winter’s day, and it’s delicious. So today I thought I’d share the recipe with you.
It is such a joy to prepare food at Stone Hill Cottage. My cozy cooking alcove looks right out onto a beautiful snowy, forested landscape.
The table was set…
a fire was lit…
and the kids came in from a wonderful day of snow play, hungry and anxious to eat.
And when we were all full and very satisfied my cousin’s husband even did the dishes!
Life’s good, and so is my recipe for Mac and Cheese Chili. Here’s the recipe…
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Brown Onion, Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1½ Pounds Ground Beef or Turkey
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- 32 Fl Oz. (4 Cups) Beef Broth
- 1 - 32 Oz Can Chili Beans
- 1 - 28 Oz. Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Lb Elbow Pasta, Uncooked
- 3 Cups Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese, Divided
- Heat olive oil in a dutch Oven or large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until tender and translucent.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add ground meat, cumin & chili powder and saute until meat is thoroughly cooked, breaking up the meat into very small pieces as it cooks.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in broth, chili beans and diced tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta, reduce heat to simmer and cook covered until the pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir 2 Cups Mexican Cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Place remaining 1 cup of cheese in a serving bowl and allow guests to use as a garnish.
Stay tuned for my delicious recipe for Sweet Cornbread coming soon!
So there you have it: MAC AND CHEESE CHILI RECIPE
Would you like to make my Mac and Cheese Chili Recipe in the kitchen of Stone Hill Cottage? You can! Get all the vacation rentals details by clicking here: VRBO.com/804397.
Thanks for dropping in! Please share your thoughts! I’d love to hear from you! Just scroll all the way down to the comment box.
All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Unless otherwise credited, all photos are the original property of www.AfterOrangeCounty.com and may not be reproduced without specific permission.