PARSNIP, CARROT AND LEEK GRATIN
Author: Celia Becker @ www.AfterOrangeCounty.com
- 1-1/2 Lbs Large Peeled Parsnips, (cut lengthwise into ¼" thick slices, then cut in half)
- 1-1/2 Lbs Large Peeled Carrots, (cut lengthwise into ¼" thick slices, then cut in half)
- 2 Lbs Leeks (about 5 cups white & light green parts only, cut diagonally into ¼" thick slices)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Sage, Diced
- 2-1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Country Dijon Mustard
- ¾ Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Cup Coarsely Grated Good Quality Parmesan Cheese.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 x 9 x 2" glass baking dish.
- Place parsnips in a large pot of salted boiling water and cook until al dente tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet. Add leeks and saute over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sage, cream, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the parsnips, carrots and leeks into the bowl with the cream and gently mix to combine.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking until vegetables are tender, cream has thickened and top is golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes, serve hot.
Recipe by After Orange County at http://afterorangecounty.com/2014/11/24/parsnip-carrot-and-leek-gratin/