ALMOND MEAL, HEMP, FLAX & CHIA SEED CRACKERS
Author: Celia Becker @ www.AfterOrangeCounty.com
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Flaxseed Meal
- ¼ Cup Raw Shelled Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted Whole Flax Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Fine Sea Salt (plus more for garnish)
- ¼ Cup Butter, Melted
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Add almond meal, flaxseed meal, raw shelled hemp seeds, toasted flax seeds, chia seeds, coconut flour and sea salt to a food processor.
- Pulse until combined.
- Add melted butter, egg whites and water to the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Pour onto a large sheet of parchment paper.
- Using your hands, gather the batter together into a ball.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper to about ¼" thick.
- Trim the edges of the dough to create straight edges.
- Cut the dough into 1-1/2" squares.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a metal spatula, carefully transfer the crackers onto the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle crackers with fine sea salt.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the crackers are dry and crisp.
Recipe by After Orange County at http://afterorangecounty.com/2014/02/17/how-to-make-super-healthy-homemade-crackers/