BRUSCHETTA, LENTIL & FETA CHEESE DIP RECIPE
Hi there. Like most folks fortunate enough to have a Trader Joe’s in their neighborhood, I’m a big fan. Well, admittedly, I don’t exactly have a Trader Joe’s in my neighborhood. I have to drive about 40 minutes to get to one, but it is well worth the effort. Because I don’t make the trip very frequently, I have a go-to list of items that I always buy when I’m there. Three of the items on my list are the 3 primary ingredients used in the preparation of this Bruschetta, Lentil & Feta Cheese Dip Recipe.
- Trader Giotto’s Fresh Bruschetta Sauce – found in the refrigerator case near the cheese.
- Trader Joe’s Fat Free Crumbled Feta
- Trader Joe’s Steamed Lentils – Ready to Eat – found in the refrigerator case where they keep the fresh salads.
Although I have never been in a Trader Joe’s when they are serving samples of this dip, I understand that they do so from time to time. That’s how my girlfriend, Arlene, from Cuisine d’Arlene, got the recipe and then passed it on to me. So, naturally, it is not my original recipe, just one that is so easy to make, and so universally liked, I just had to pass it on. I serve it often, just as I did for the 4th of July on my dock.
You can whip it up in a matter of minutes by simply combining 1/2 of each container of these three ingredients…
plus the juice of half a lemon…
plus 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil. Throw it all into a small bowl…
mix it up, and voila, you have yourself a tasty, healthy, quick and easy to make appetizer. Add a little Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste and garnish it with a sprig of parsley. Serve it with pita chips, tortilla chips or slices of french bread.
Now, here’s my own little twist on this recipe. Since you only use 1/2 of the container of each of the 3 major ingredients, you will be left with enough to make another batch of dip. However, if you don’t want to have a repeat appearance of the dip so quickly, take my advise and turn the ingredients into a salad. I simply whip up another batch of the dip and toss it with cut up fresh kale to make a delicious Kale Salad. I add salt and pepper to taste and a little more olive oil and that’s all it takes.
So there you have it: BRUSCHETTA, LENTIL & FETA CHEESE DIP RECIPE
PS – I use the “Fat Free” Crumbled Feta Cheese in this recipe because it is delicious, and frankly, I can’t tell the difference. I consider that a healthy bonus!
- ½ Container Trader Giotto's Fresh Bruschetta Sauce
- ½ Container Trader Joe's Steamed Lentils, Ready to Eat
- ½ Container Trader Joe's Fat Free Crumbled Feta
- Juice from ½ of a Fresh Lemon
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- It takes a bit of mixing to get the lentils incorporated.
- Place in a serving bowl and garnish with a sprig of parsley.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita chips or slices of french bread.
Thanks for dropping in! Do please leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you!
All opinions expressed in this post are my own. Unless otherwise credited, all photos are the original property of Celia Becker @ www.AfterOrangeCounty.com and may not be reproduced without specific permission.